Pony Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
I made "backcard stories" for the HQ Customs.Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:02 amPonybookwormCelestial Swirls- Stamping Styles & Mystery of the Method: Can you help?Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:59 pmClipperHQG1C Land & Sea Meet: Bigger Cruise, Bigger Fun in 2024! (Hurry for a deal!)Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:57 pmClipperPonybookworm's Most WantedTue Sep 05, 2023 7:21 pmPonybookwormHello I'm StormrunnerWed Aug 23, 2023 5:07 pmStormrunnerClipper's - Want ListMon Aug 21, 2023 12:49 amClipper2023 Southwestern PA Pony MeetWed Jul 19, 2023 3:23 pmstarbritesprinklesIntroductionWed Jul 19, 2023 2:09 pmfilmcodedHello, Everybody!Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:07 pmPonybookwormHello nice to meet you!Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:51 pmlolacat
Go down
Masquerade
Masquerade
Admin
Admin

Beware the Hallmark Powder Ornament: All Are Broken? Empty Beware the Hallmark Powder Ornament: All Are Broken?

Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:58 am
Well an unpleasant discovery.
I was in a mall that had an (unusual now a days) Hallmark store. I decided to bop in because I knew that this year was to have Powder as their G1 ornament and I really wanted her, because I love that pose and that pony. The sculpt in the preview factory photos was also really nice. I then found her on the shelf and bought her right away (They had 2 left after mine) because I don't want to pay like 30 on Ebay or Amazon or whatever like the past years are going for. All told, she was about 17 dollars (15 with tax)

When I got her home and deboxed though...she was broken!
Someone snapped the back leg off and it is re-glued with really really strong glue at a garbage-looking angle. The tail also prevents where the leg would have to go to look normal, even if I could break through the glue without further damaging her. So I got mad and started to tell friends "check in the store first! I'm going to return this!" But then...........I can't find ANY ONE who has one that is NOT broken??? There's also a lot of complaining on Facebook as people find her, start to buy her and then she is broken.

Like, if it was a 5 dollar ornament, I wouldn't care so much.
I'd be disappointed, but it wouldn't be that big of a deal and I'd buy more than one and experiment on it.
But this was 17 dollars! Broken! Doesn't even look good! Big obvious crack!
Can you imagine getting her on Christmas morning or a kid getting her and she's just broken like that?

SO.
I want to complain. Hallmark shouldn't get away with knowingly selling broken trashy items for so much money. They're also all broken, so you can't just go into the franchise store and try to return or exchange because they're all like that? Has anyone here seen a photo (a customer's photo) where it isn't broken? Know anybody to prove there is one not? I can't find a person so far.

How should complaining be done?
I thought to gather photos from different people where each one is obviously someone else who has her (diff background, diff hands holding it, etc) and then make a montage-group pic or something out of it and then dump it on Hallmark's facebook? I can't twitter. People ought to be warned before they spend 17 on a broken ornament this year. What's the best way to do it?

This is what it looks like

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
hqg1c
hqg1c
Admin
Admin

Beware the Hallmark Powder Ornament: All Are Broken? Empty Re: Beware the Hallmark Powder Ornament: All Are Broken?

Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:15 am
This is so disappointing.. I hope they correct the issue. Sad
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum