Pony Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
I made "backcard stories" for the HQ Customs.Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:02 amPonybookwormCelestial Swirls- Stamping Styles & Mystery of the Method: Can you help?Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:59 pmClipperHQG1C Land & Sea Meet: Bigger Cruise, Bigger Fun in 2024! (Hurry for a deal!)Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:57 pmClipperPonybookworm's Most WantedTue Sep 05, 2023 7:21 pmPonybookwormHello I'm StormrunnerWed Aug 23, 2023 5:07 pmStormrunnerClipper's - Want ListMon Aug 21, 2023 12:49 amClipper2023 Southwestern PA Pony MeetWed Jul 19, 2023 3:23 pmstarbritesprinklesIntroductionWed Jul 19, 2023 2:09 pmfilmcodedHello, Everybody!Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:07 pmPonybookwormHello nice to meet you!Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:51 pmlolacat
Go down
Ponybookworm
Ponybookworm
Pepper Jack
Pepper Jack

Let's get spooky!!! Empty Let's get spooky!!!

Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:34 pm
Halloween is coming, so I'd love to see everybody's spooky Customs!!! I'll start wi my two:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Meet Apple Bobber, one of my two Halloween Babies. Apple Bobber was born on the first of November & loves to play games. Her favourite food is apples. She has streaks of glow in the dark white in her hair & her symbols also glow in the dark.
And this is Ghost Story, the other Halloween Baby. She was born on the thirteenth of October & loves scary movies & spooky stories. Her favourite food is popcorn, which she spills on herself when she gets a fright, which she loves. Like Apple Bobber her symbols & the white streaks in her hair glow in the dark.

Now it's your turn!!!
Ponybookworm
Ponybookworm
Pepper Jack
Pepper Jack

Let's get spooky!!! Empty Re: Let's get spooky!!!

Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:58 am
More Spooky Ponies!!!
Meet Blood Moon, a G2 Boy. Blood Moon is based on the Lunar Eclipse, which makes the moon red, with a little Halloween magic added so the moon is bleeding. Most Ponies, like most people, don;t like change, but Blood Moon thrives on it. Without it, he can stagnate. Good thing he's G2-age; plenty of things change in puberty!!!
Made from the HQ black Boy, Putrid Pumpkin here is based on pumpkin lanterns. There are that many Custom Ponies called Jack O Lantern, I didn't want to infringe on somebody else wi this lad, so Putrid Pumpkin is his name. He may be an adult, but Putrid Pumpkin still enjoys Halloween, like the dressing up & the fun games, & his home is decorated specially every year.
I was given a batch of BBE baits & ended up wi a spare one, who became Witching Hour here. Witching Hour is the time between midnight & 1am; the time Witching Hour loves to play tricks on others. The time on her rumpmark is half-past 12, right in the middle of her hi-jinx!!!
One more coming soon, wi another later when I get the base Pony...
Ponybookworm
Ponybookworm
Pepper Jack
Pepper Jack

Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:55 am
Here's the next one: Tricky Sweet!!! He loves sweets, all kinds of sweets, & loves to fill his bucket full of them. But he knows in the UK it's not just a case of shouting "trick or treat" to get the sweets; he has to perform. So he knows a lot of jokes & is a pretty good singer too. If he gets too many sweets, he shares them with the other Baby Ponies. Just waiting on the base for the Mum for the last one, & Clipper assures me she's on her way soon.
Ponybookworm
Ponybookworm
Pepper Jack
Pepper Jack

Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:36 pm
BUMP IN THE NIGHT!!!
Vampyre Queen is done, Made from a b-grade Sweetness dyed green, so she glows in the dark. Her Apoxie fangs & her symbols were painted with paint mixed wi glow in the dark paint so glow too. Her hair is Venom (I still had some left), & she's the Mum of the family. She can make the most innocent things look spooky & her specialty is tomato puree & cheese puffs, shaped like faces with fangs where the puree drips out. They taste delicious, even though they look gory!!! She also lives dressing up, & hoof-sews her own costume every year.
Ponybookworm
Ponybookworm
Pepper Jack
Pepper Jack

Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:50 am
BUMP IN THE NIGHT!!!
The Spooky Cabin is complete at last!!! Made from a dollhouse kit, the Spooky Cabin features scary stickers, creaky furniture painted to match, Custom-made treat buckets, table & bobbing bowl, & a few other freaky accessories I found over time.
Ponybookworm
Ponybookworm
Pepper Jack
Pepper Jack

Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:52 am
BIG SCARY BUMP!!!
I made some Costumes for my Halloween Ponies!!! Here are my complete ones!!!
Ponybookworm
Ponybookworm
Pepper Jack
Pepper Jack

Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:59 am
BUMP IN THE NIGHT!!! I also made costumes for the parents:
Tricky Sweet wears a dragon costume, the most complex one of the lot.
Witching Hour is dressed as a witch of course.
Batty Boo has her own bat wings!!!
Blood Moon's outfit is meant to be a wolf, but mouse is also acceptable.
Ghost Story is dressed as a ghost obviously.
Apple Bobbler is another witch.
Putrid Pumpkin loves his bear costume.
And Vampyre Queen has a cape & a Pony tiara.
Ponybookworm
Ponybookworm
Pepper Jack
Pepper Jack

Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:32 pm
Bump In The Night!!!
Meet Arachnophile!!! He loves spiders!!! And his hair & spiderweb glow in the dark. His bandanna is by Pink Kittywinks, who has Halloween bandannas for sale. I invested in four of course
And this is his Halloween costume: four extra legs to make him a spider!!!
Adding to this:
Just made: a pumpkin cape for Little Pumpkin
And before I forget:
Pink Kittywinks made some Halloween bandannas, so of course I had to get for my Halloween Boys
Another quick edit!!!
Look what Courage is wearing!!! I made him a shark costume!!!
Ponybookworm
Ponybookworm
Pepper Jack
Pepper Jack

Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:52 am
Last scary BUMP of the year!!!
The Spooky Cabin is updated!!! New Ponies live there, & everyone has a costume on. There are an extra pumpkin bucket, three small cauldron buckets, two big pumpkin buckets, & a big cauldron bucket full of Halloween sweets. A skeleton hangs in the entryway, while spiderwebs decorate the alcoves & top railing. Bats fly about, spiders crawl around, black cats romp & play, & a small frog leaps about. Though you can't see it, there's also a small lady beetle for Lovely Ladybug to play with. Spooky ribbons trim the roof & ceilings, some made into macabre garlands. Enjoy
Ponybookworm
Ponybookworm
Pepper Jack
Pepper Jack

Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:34 am
I got bitten by the costume bug!!! See pattern pics in my Gallery, but here are the outfits. Extras added as shown
The Baby Brother outfits start this off. This is a deer costume. The antlers were the toughest bit to do, as they needed stuffed as well as sewn together & sewn into the costume. The ears are simple & short, &n the tail is small, stuffed, & white underneath
Next up is a pig costume. The tail is the tricky bit here, as it's meant to be a curl. Ears are squared, rather than rounded
The polar bear is quite easy. Short tail, rounded ears, & you can make it brown or black for other bear costumes
Easy enough to make twice, in fact. Great winter costume for Baby Brothers or G2s
It's not the only costume I had to make two of though. A second shark costume HAD to be made!!! The big dorsal is sewn together, stuffed, & stitched carefully onto the top. The second dorsal is sewn into the tail piece. The pectorals are stuffed & sewn either side. The teeth are a strip of stiff white felt with triangles cut out of it, then sewn into the hood
Didn't I tell you the Baby Brother costumes also fit G2s??? This is the tiger costume. The ears are rounded, the tail is long & stuffed, & the whole thing (except ears) has black stripes stuck on with fabric glue. Velcro tags must be sewn in to the front though because of pulling
Next up, Newborn costumes. The black cat costume, which can also be other colours, has triangular ears & a long, stuffed tail
Because Newborns often come as twins, so do these costumes, like this pair of dog costumes. Spots are glued on, tails can be whatever shape you wish for your dog, as can ears. I chose iconic cartoon dog Spot as inspiration for these
For the dolphin, the head piece is different, with a longer extension on the front for the famous bottle-shaped nose. The tail is like a shark's, except stitched in to align like that of a cetacean. The dorsal follows the same method as the shark costume
Everybody loves dragons, except when it comes to sewing them. Grab your main colour for the pattern, then cut the whole lot in half lengthwise, head piece included, before making a long strip of contrasting colour spines with stiff felt. This also extends into the tail of the costume, with a final tailpiece added. If you want wings, they will need to be of stiff felt of the main colour. Wing stitching tips later
Last of the Newborn costumes is the mouse. Rounded ears & a long, pointed tail make this costume
Now we're on the Teeny costumes. The first is the bunny. The long ears are doubled & sewn, & no matter what colour you make the main body, the tail must be white
Next is the Teeny butterfly. The wings are white felt decorated with fabric pens. They're stitched in by running stitch up & down the centre of the wings. Make wings by folding stiff felt in half, then cutting them out, leaving the fold intact. Antennae are also best as stiff felt & stitched into the hood
Teeny dog is like Newborn dog, but smaller
If you can make a shark costume, you can make a fish costume. Have fun with different dorsal & tail shapes, & use assorted colours, spots, & stripes. This fish is blue with yellow parts, including the yellow pectoral fins (they can also be different shapes)
For the lady beetle. you cut out the hood part, & use it as a stencil for your black felt hood, before stitching the head piece in with stiff felt antennae, & sewing the whole hood back onto the body. The wings are the same as the butterfly, just a different shape & undecorated, while the spots are stuck on like those of the dog costumes. By combining parts of the lady beetle & tiger costume, using a golden yellow main colour, & adding a pointy tail piece, you can make a bee costume
To finish, we have a teeny mouse costume. Have fun making your own felt costumes using the pattern pics in my gallery xxx
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum